Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Musings on Departure.........................

A few of the many things I'll miss: jogs around Greenfield Lake, the morning paper with coffee, crossword puzzles...even Monday is a challenge when you spell phonetically.... bourbon whiskey and a good steak, but mostly friends and family (I'd pay full retail for each and everyone of you, well, maybe NOT full retail---just kidding).

Some things I'm looking forward to: to see if I'm passed my "Good -if-Used -by Date", to see if people will change established practices to try something new when quite literally faced with starvation, being associated with bright young people, seeing and living in a totally different country but, mostly sharing the adventure of a lifetime with Judy!

 At the very least, life will be challenging, interesting, and rewarding.
 An optimistic cynic
Dave

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am a current Community Development volunteer in Niger, I've been here since July. Just wanted to let you know that all of us in country are so excited to meet your group when you come! Have a great last few days in America and a safe flight, we'll see you when you get here. Congratulations and welcome :)

    Jessica Schwendeman
    PCV Niger
    jessicamaureen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete